Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

What is it about the awe-inspiring and overwhelming response I get every year at the beginning of having two months off? I know that I have several trips planned. I know that I have activities planned to do with the girls. I find myself at that point where I start thinking of all of the things that I need to do over the summer, and all of the things that I want to do over the summer. These two lists are not even close to being the same, and amazingly, I don't think I could do them all, especially the things that need to be done, if I had an entire year off! So now the questions remain - how to I find the happy medium between the two lists? It is one thing to see things around the house and say, oh, I need to do that, and then go off to work for the day, promptly to forget about it. Then you are home and faced with it everyday, and it all seems so overwhelming! And then there are the dreamy moments when I get to think of all the possibilities. Those are fun moments, but there just does not seem to be enough time for them either. We shall see what the summer will bring. The possibilities are endless, but the time for it is not.

(Well, I have probably rambled enough - back to time-outs and doing a few of the things that are on the need to be done list)

No comments: