Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I really haven't fallen off the face of the earth!

Okay, May is over now, and life is both hectic and slower. Anyone who knows my schedule will know that the end of May makes me crazy. Every year on Memorial Weekend, is Kansas' State High School Track meet. It is the largest high school meet in the country, and all 6 classes compete for 2 days at Wichita State University. What you may not know is that I coordinate all of the athletic training coverage for the meet. This was my 7th or 8th year doing that - I have kind of lost track. I am always busy getting ready for it, and then am worn out afterwards.

Now that isn't to say that I have not been busy. I have finished two pairs of socks, made a dress and some panties for the little one, made a skirt and shorts - recycling a old pair of jeans that had holes in the knees - for the big one, and nightgowns for both. I have also made a few new bras for me and a new swimming suit. The exciting thing about the suit, is that it is made out of material intended for my Honeymoon (10 years ago), instead it will be ready for my Anniversary trip! If you are wondering, that was before I did any sewing, and Mom had made my wedding dress, 2 bridesmaid dresses, a Honeymoon dress, and a dress for herself, and she lived 500 miles away from me, and the wedding location. Needless to say, I was thrilled with everything that she did, and the suit was just not necessary. So now I got to do something with it!

So, my hands have been busy, but I have not gotten all the photos that I want to post taken yet, and I just have not been able to focus my eyes on a computer screen. But, I did feel like I needed to do some updating. Oh, and I cast on 2 more pairs of socks, and turned the heel on the BBS (Big Black Sock) for the Hubby. I felt guilty that I haven't posted in a while, so, here is that quick update. I will have pictures of projects in following posts. And just in case you were wondering, no there will not be a picture of the new swimming suit, at least not of one in a body, but I am still very pleased with how it turned out. It just took more fabric than it would have 10 years ago.

No comments: