Monday, October 6, 2008

My First Sweater!

So, this is actually the second sweater I started, but the first sweater that I have completed! This is for my Big girl. It is based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's Elizabeth's Percentage Sweater. I was using her book, the Knitting Workshop. I am using Cascade 220 Superwash. It is 100% machine-washable wool. I started with the body, and then made the sleeves and attached them at the underarm. This is seen here.
I then did a stranded fair-isle yoke as she instructs. I only used one contrast color in my yoke, and I charted the big snowflake pattern myself. The other patterns come from various parts within the book
It blocked out beautifully!
And it fit her even better! She loves it, and I am so thrilled with how it turned out.


Next stop ... Mittens, and socks, always socks, and maybe a hat or two...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rocks! I loved watching the progress =)

Matthew

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the snowflakes turned out great.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!

Love, Mom