Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Knitting!!!

Okay, so not much blogging has been happening lately because a lot of working late nights has been happening. That said, knitting has been happening, small bits at a time.

I will start with my March OYT sock of the month, Peak Experience. It is really looking very pretty. I did make a few changes and am doing the sock on US size 0 (2.0 mm) needles, with 80 stitches cast on. Part of that is to accommodate the fine Opal yarn colorway 2004. It may be small, but I am totally in love with the yarn and fabric made. I do end up doing most of my socks on this size needles.

While my Mom was here, I did manage to finish the first sock, and I cast on the second sock this morning.

I was also working on a pair of socks for the little one. They are based on a patten out of Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks book. The little one picked out the pattern (Double Lace Ribbing), and the yarn is leftovers from two of the big one's socks.

I managed to finish these on April 12th, and she wore them to school on Monday. She says they are just what she wanted! If only that will last her whole life, unfortunately, I know that it won't.


I also have to share some fun inspiration that Mom and I found. On her quick weekend here, we stopped to buy a bottle of wine to enjoy while we knit. This was what we found. The label had us totally hooked! And the wine was good too!

Now, the last blog entry that talked about knitting mentioned, and showed the very beginnings of my traveling project. It is a basic hat. I had no idea that the yarn was self striping, and am captivated by it. One of these days I will get a picture where the lighting really shows of the colors. This is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the Chisholm Hand-dyed colorway. This has been done at a few practices, and mostly non varsity baseball games and soccer games. Not too bad, and I only have 2 inches left before I start the crown.

I also have this handy new Go Knit pouch that I bought at Twist. It is the perfect size for a sock or hat, which are my traveling projects! I love it, and now my yarn does not get stuck on any velcro from my work kit! Well, and it is PURPLE.



I have also swatched for my April OYT sock in Cascade Fixation, cotton/elastic yarn. The pattern is Broadripple. This should be a lot of fun, and the yarn feels fabulous. I am going to do the sock as a short summer sock, and I may have to make other summer socks out of this yarn because it is so fabulous. This should also go pretty fast because, unlike my Peak Experience, this sock is going to be done on US size 4 (3.5 mm) needles. So now I am waiting for my Knit Picks needles to arrive. I am also going to try and Magic Loop the socks, which means do one sock on one really long cabled needle set. It is a new method for me, so I am excited about the new challenge.
I am also completing a set of wrist warmers to go with my basic hat that I made for work. I made some modifications, and added a thumb. So far the experiment is going well, and I will post more about that next time.

The few posts were really lacking on the photo ops, so I had to make up for it now. I hope you enjoy. I am having fun. But now, back to games, and knitting, and sewing, and more blogging to come soon. (I just have to find computer time when I am not exhausted and ready to crash!)

No comments: