Friday, April 18, 2008

Finishing

Yippee! I finally got some projects finished.

I finished these wrist warmers. They are based off of a basic pattern from one of Deb's friends, but I added a thumb. It was a total experiment because I did not put in a gusset for the thumb. I left 6 stitches live and picked up 10 more. I knitted around for 4 rounds on the US size 8 dpn's and then changed to US size 6 dpn's for 3 rounds, and decreased 4 stitches on two last rows. Turned out beautifully. I even wore them through last nights soccer games. My fingers were still free to work and run the clock, but I still stayed warm. A big thanks to my lovely Hand model, because I just can't manage to take a picture of my hands while holding the camera.

The wristwarmers are to match and go with this hat that I finished a few weeks ago. This is out of Knit Picks Swish Superwash wool so they are warm, but with super easy care. I definitely needed this with needing to be able to wear them for work!


I also finished this basic hat as well. And I managed to do it all watching games and walking between practices. Not too bad, and I love how the yarn self-striped. I did not know that the yarn would do it. This is also a Knit Picks yarn, but is from their Wool of the Andes Hand-dyed line, so it will have more normal washing care for wool garments. Beautiful all the same. And another big thank you to my lovely hat model. Once again, it took so many tries to take the above picture by myself, that Grace made it so much easier!


My needle order came in a day early, and now, what to start next? Too many decisions, too many projects, just not enough time!

I have also been busy filling a big custom order. I finished making 5 bras and 5 panties to match them. That just means that Bra money = Yarn money, so that all works out well! It sure is a good thing I have some way of sustaining my habit!

No comments: