Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a wonderful Sunday!

Wow, has time gotten away from me! Between all the games I have covered and froze at, and now all the rain outs I have had this week, I have not had much in the way of computer time! In between all of this, though we had a lovely weekend! We were blessed with a surprise visit from my mom, thanks to good airfare bargains that she can sometimes find. I have to tell you, we had the most wonderful day as a family on Sunday, and Grandma got to be included! I will fill in all the knitting activities on my next blog, but today (a very rainy day) I have a different story to tell.

We had a beautiful day on Sunday, weather wise. It was in the 60s with just a slight breeze (this is Kansas people, so that is saying a lot). After we went out for breakfast at IHOP, we decided that we needed to go to the Sedgwick County Zoo for the morning! As we overheard someone else say, we needed to "return a few monkeys to the Zoo". (The girls were in rare form!) We started with the penguins and watched them swim and swim. The last time we had been there all they did was stare at all the people, so I think they are much more used to us now! We then walked along and saw all the animals. We had to see the Elephants, because, as the little one said, "they are big and gray". We also enjoyed the Gorillas, but the highlight of that portion was when the girls were walking ahead, being "the teachers", so excited to go play on the playground they neglected to notice the garter snake that wiggled right between both of their feet as they walked. Once notice, the big one moved in a BIG hurry! We then rode the train, stopped and saw the various farm animals and were on our way. I can say that I definitely see sheep in a whole new light. They had all recently been sheered, and I could not get over the beautiful color the sheep in the African Farm were and what lovely yarn it would make. I guess the knitting has truly gotten into the blood.

We had gone home, and in the afternoon, it was still so nice out after "naps" (I don't think one ever happened) that we went outside to play! The girls rode on their bikes, and then played in the grass with Hubby. When playing football, the big one is a great running back, their is no receiving by either of them, and that little one would make a great linebacker! Although you know she is coming, because she growls at you before she tackles you. I guess they have been watching Mommy's games a bit. That little one also has a pretty good defensive stance for basketball, because that is exactly what she does when the basketball got pulled out.

It was a wonderful visit with Grandma, however short, so to cap off all the fun we had, the girls and I went out and picked these flowers from the back yard for our table. They were just too pretty not to share, especially since they are not going to make it much longer now!
Next time, I will catch you up on all the knitting that I did accomplish in any brief moments that I could find between, and during events and rain outs!

No comments: