Thursday, May 15, 2008

Knit here, Sew there

Well, I have been doing a little knitting here, and some sewing there. I will start with the knitting. Here are my April OYT socks, Broadripple in Cascade fixation. I made them 2 " tall and in the cotton they turned out beautiful. It makes me want to do more socks out of this cotton. That and I can't believe that I am making socks out of US size 4 (3.5 mm) needles, when I usually do my socks on US 0 (2.0 mm) needles. It really makes them go fast!

I have also been working on what I call my Leftover shorties. They are short socks made out of leftover sock yarn. For this sock I have done 1 1/2 inches of 2x2 ribbing, and Eye of Partridge heel, and weighed the yarn for deciding when to switch colors for the toes. The first one turned out really well. This is a good basic, no-brainer sock, good for traveling, walking, and watching practices. Now I am busy planning on my May OYT's sock out of the Noro yarn. I am going to do a slightly different pattern, but it should come out with a similar look. My biggest problem is that I have to finish the second leftover shortie, because I need those needles to do part of this May sock.

I have also been doing some sewing, and actually for my own family this time. I was working on this outfit for my big girl. This is Kwik Sew 3542 done out of leftover pieces from another person's scraps. The leggings are capri length with a patten made off of a pair she already has.

This outfit turned out very cute, and she looks really good in the top. She is wearing the top with jeans to school. It flows nicely and fits her beautifully and makes me do a little happy dance.

Update 4:00: I got an outfit done for the big one, so I needed to also do something for the little one, so here it is. I made her a little dress, dots and stripes, raglan sleeves, and a cute ruffle at the bottom. It combines the wild and girlie child that she is.

I hope she loves it!

No comments: