Friday, May 2, 2008

And the knit goes on!

Life has definitely been crazy! We have had company, I have been on two school field trips, and I have lost count of the number of baseball games I have covered in the last two weeks! But among all the chaos, I have managed to do some knitting!

First, I made this beautiful bad hair day hat! I needed something to put on my head when, well, my hair needs to be washed and I haven't gotten there yet, or in the morning going to the bus stop. This is a hat from my Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar 2007 called the La Mancha Watchcap designed by JoLene M. Treace. I did change the headband from garter stitch to a 2 x 2 rib. It turned out so cool! I made it out of Nashua Creative Focus Cotton. It just worked up beautifully. I also finally started my first ever sweater on April 23rd! I am so excited. It does not look like much yet, but it will. I am making this from the top down, in one big round piece, so there should not be much sewing anything together, just knitting. What you see here is the beginning of the yoke part of the sweater and the start of the raglan sleeves. Right now it is just a lot of increasing every other row. It is the Neck Down shaped T-shirt # 233 made out of O-wool that I got at Twist.
I finished my Peak Experience socks! I think they just worked up so nicely, and the yarn really worked well with the pattern.

They even almost match up, which was a total fluke, because I really don't care if they do or not!

I am most excited to finish them so that I could cast on my April socks for the OYT sock club. These are Broadripple made out of Cascade Fixation yarn color 9880 which is cotton and elastic. The yarn is so soft, and I am making my first attempt to Magic Loop them. So far so good, I just need to remember not to pull my needle all the way out when I finish a row.

I can't believe that it is actually May, we will see what all gets squeezed into this month with the end of school and State Track looming not too far away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your hat looks great, as does your other knitting projects. Cheers, JoLene Treace