Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cows

As some of you may know, I have a great affinity for ... Cows! I know this is all thanks to my grandparents and their dairy farm. There is nothing more beautiful than a black and white Holstein! I had so much fun on the farm every summer when I was growing up. Even when I was 1000 miles away, my grandma allowed me to name the new calves that were born. I will say that was kind of strange when my dad helped Grandpa take the bull they sold that was named after my dad (and he is not a farm boy and will fully admit that!)



As you can see, I have always loved cows! I even had the best slippers when I was younger that were cows named Fred and Ginger (I also loved tap). Hmm, something tells me that I was in to naming things at that time - it seems to me that was also about the time that I named all my animal head covers for my golf clubs.



Well, this past week I was able to reconnect with my love of cows! It came in the form of a bra for one of my customers.

That bra turned out so cool that I had to go buy enough of the fabric for myself for a nightgown, and whatever else I can get out of it! I just have to say... cows are awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great! I'm really surprised at the varied color changes between skeins in the same dyelot. I'm anxious to try the pattern myself. I get a kick out of the lingerie Cow fabric. There are a few comments that could be made, but might be considered a bit crude, so I won't make them. The bra is definitely unique.

Anonymous said...

What mom, you don't want to say something like "that bra is udderly special"

Rhonda said...

That bra would make the ultimate maternity gift....LOL!

Jennifer said...

I don't know, I might want to herd, I mean hoard the fabric for myself!