Friday, March 28, 2008

Where is the break in Spring Break?

I am not sure why they call Spring Break a break. Yes, there is a little time off of school, but boy am I exhausted after the fact. I think I need some time off after my time off!

I loved having some time with my big one, and it was nice to see the Hubby and have some of his family visit to celebrate basketball and Easter (it did happen in that order - basketball started first). I was so worn out after the fact that one night this week, I went to bed after the kids went down. Hubby knew I was tired, because I was not knitting. I was able to get some things accomplished this week though.

Through practice, I have been working diligently on my hat, thinking that I must be crazy making a wool hat for this spring when it was 70 degrees outside, then yesterday hit! Everyone was all bundled up, practices were short, and the wind was whipping, and it was back into the 40s. Oh yeah, spring in Kansas is ever changing. So, I got my hat done last night and am ready to start some wristwarmers. I made the hat out of a superwash wool from Knit Picks so that it can be washed and dried very easily. Easy care and sturdy wear. I made this deliberately to be for work, when it is cold outside! I have also started another sock, of course. Although this is not a good traveling sock, it is working out nicely as a sock while watching basketball. One of the Ravelry groups I am in is March Madknits, and several of us are working on Tournament socks. I have gotten one pair done in the first week, the red mock wave cable socks. So it was time to start a new pair. This is part of the Twist On Your Toes sock of the month club. It is now coming along nicely. I had to start over once, because it just was not working right the first time, so it got frogged (ripped) and started again.

It is definitely looking a lot prettier than my bracket is at this point!

No comments: