Sunday, January 27, 2008

2 yo blues

Boy, have I got the blues! Life must be really tough to be a 2 yo, because that must be why you want to take it out on everyone else! My 2 yo is having a particularly rough day! Daddy wants to take her to a Women's Shocker game and have some special time with her, and she wants nothing of it. In fact she was screaming and crying for 1.5 - 2 hours this morning. Needless to say, I am a heartless mother, and the big one gets to go to the game with Daddy while the little one gets to spend the day in her room. Lots of fun for Mommy!

I did get her purple socks done yesterday morning. I would have a picture of them on her feet, but she is in her room, and I don't want to give them to her, or talk to her for that matter. But they did turn out pretty cute!
Last night we did get to have girls' night, and once the little girls were off to bed, Deb and I got to do some knitting. I was teaching her Judy's Magic Cast On to make great circular swatches. So I got to swatch the yarn I got from Mom for my birthday. It is the most beautiful yarn.

While I was swatching, I decided to try the pattern I think I will use on the socks. It mimics the rotating rib on the hat Mom made me for Christmas out of the same yarn. I think it turned out beautiful, and I can't wait to start them. However, I do need to get my bamboo socks finished first, so that I can use my own needles to make them, instead of Deb's! The yarn does the coolest thing where it goes back and forth between purple and green!


In the mean time, I am also trying to get a hat done for the Army platoon from Ft. Riley that Twist adopted. I have already taken over some soap, shampoo, and shaving cream, and I want to get this had done in time for this next package as well. It is just a simple 3 x 3 rib done in a brown superwash wool. I am making progress, and almost half way through the hat to get to the crown shaping. So, maybe I can knit and my little one will decide she is done throwing a fit and want to join the rest of us. We can only hope, but I'm not holding my breath!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a test for mom, who has been having trouble leaving a comment

Anonymous said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

Hi mom

Anonymous said...

That swatch is BEAUTIFUL! I want some of that yarn!