Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lions and Lace

My 2 yo roars. She always has. She growls and roars and talks in a "monster voice" all the time, and loves it. She thinks leopard print things are the very best. So when I saw this fabric with the lions on it, I knew I needed to make something for her out of it. Originally I was going to make footie pj's with a zipper, but I asked her what she wanted, and she wanted a nightgown like her big sister. So this is what I did for her.

Now, she is not all bark, and has a little princess in her as well, so she needed a ruffle and some lace! But she definitely needs the unexpected as well, so she got bright orange lace.


She absolutely loved it. The lace comes down and tickles her toes. She twirled and twirled and said that she was a princess! My little lion princess. That pretty much sums her up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! I knew I liked this kid for a reason . . . Lion & Lace! Gotta Love Her!

Anonymous said...

That gown is perfect for that little one! Loved the full-length photo too. Love ya!