Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yippee!

Hot dog! They are done!!! I finished the bamboo socks in the wee hours of the night last night. I did get done before it started to snow, though. And here they are. Aren't they beautiful! I now have two pairs of hand-knit socks to wear in the winter. All of my first socks were little shorty socks. It felt like this day would never come. I guess that is just because I am excited about starting the next pair of socks.
The next pairs of socks will be my ramble sock, that I swatched a few days ago, and then my On Your Toes, February sock, Charade. I finished my swatching on the Jawoll, and now I just have to wait until February (probably Saturday at Movie night) to buy the yarn. I have also been swatching my new Cascade Eco wool for my Oblique sweater. Boy, I did a lot of swatching yesterday and today, but I need to know what needles to buy. It sure is a good thing that we had a snow day today. Unfortunately, I may still have to go to practice, but that decision has not been made yet.

I also finished my soldier hat! It is headed out to the army plattoon with this new care package on Friday. It turned out great! It is fairly simple with a 3x3 rib, but should also be nice and warm and easy to care for being a superwash wool.

Now, I can finish the second baby hat for the big one's teacher, and I can start my new rambler sock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggestion on the hat. The general concensus in this house was that although the pattern says to start to decrease at 8 inches, everyone wanted it to be just a little longer, so now I start decreases at 10 inches....check the hubby's. I think his is a little longer giving a larger cuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh, ya...the socks look great too. I'm starting my second pair. Already have 3 inches on the first cuff.

Jennifer said...

I know Hubby's hat is 10 inches, but I also was thinking about the fact that it went to a soldier, and he/she might need to put a helmet on over the hat and might not want a big cuff, so I ended up with 8 inches. Also, I was trying to get it done before Shelley mailed off the next care package.