Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eyes of a Three year old

Have you stopped to remember lately what it was like to be three?

We had a very big weekend this past weekend. My little one turned 3! It seems like that went way too fast. My mom was in town, and the three of us went on an adventure! We started at my favorite LYS, Twist. She was having a grand time making us tea with honey and making us snacks and putting us down for naps. All the while entertaining the Saturday evening gathering of knitters. We then were on our way to dinner. We decided to have Chinese for dinner, and she was very insistant that we eat there, and not at home. When we were looking through the menu and deciding what we were going to have, I commented on the fact that were were going to be getting tea. When the waiter took our order, she matter of factly told him, "You need to bring us tea." Then when he did bring it, he only brought 2 cups, so we had to ask for another. The little one got her tea! She also had to have some egg drop soup, fried wontons, and she tried the egg rolls, but did not like the cabbage. The red sauce was a big hit, and she enjoyed dipping everything, even her Lo Mein. We have not had such a quiet meal with her in a long time (usually she is talking the whole time - loudly). She was very into the meal and was a very good girl. If you have not experienced Chinese through the eyes of a Three year old, you must try it. There is nothing like it.

We were also amuzed when she told my mom that "she (my mom) was not a big girl, she was short like Mommy!" She also told her big sister that she has "options" for what she wants to be when she grows up. I didn't even know she knew what that word meant!

On another amuzing note, for Valentine's day, both girls got stickers. Pretty soon, my big one was looking at her kitty stickers and says "look I have a sticker of Mommy's favorite thing ... Yarn!" She was right. She does have stickers of little balls of yarn :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have told the story of the Chinese restaurant and the "options" to a few folks. They were amazed, but probably not as much as we were. I stick by my comment, "Is she three or thirty?"

Anonymous said...

You are putting me to shame with all you get accomplished! I have really enjoyed reading your blog and keeping up with all your fun, crafty projects (and fun stories about the girls!) -G