Thursday, February 28, 2008

Charade

Okay, so it has been a wild week. Between State Wrestling, Basketball games, and getting the little one healthy, it has taken its toll! It is now my turn for the creeping crud that has made its way through the house and Needle Nook, and work. I don't think the weather has been much help lately. I took this picture off the front porch on Saturday.


It was snowing hard and fast. I did get a new camera however, and had to get a close-up of the snowflakes before I went back in.


We ended up with about an inch of snow. And then it was in the 50's on Sunday and was all gone again. I am just ready for the weather to make up its mind. Especially now that spring sports have started and I am outside again.

Well, I still managed to get some knitting done. I am sure that part of it is the deadline for the February Sockdown challenge on Ravelry. I know that you don't have to be done until the end of March, but I have two pairs of socks going for this challenge. So, here it is! I also finished the Twist On Your Toes February socks! The pattern is called Charade.

I did change the heel to be an Eye of Partridge for my Sockdown challenge. Here it is!


The only other adventures I had was that when I was finishing the first sock, I ran out of yarn with six rows to go. I tried it on, it fit, so I finished it there. When I finished my second sock ,(which ended up with a slightly tighter gauge so I don't know how this happened) I still had plenty of yarn left, so I very very carefully took out my bind-off, frogged (ripped) a few rows, gently picked up the live stitches, added the extra yarn into the toe, and finished the six rows I was missing. I now have two matching socks! And, because of fixing the toe on the first sock, and frogging to fix a hole in the heel turn of the second sock, I feel very brave! I can't believe I did it, but I did.

Well, I have a basketball game tonight, and don't feel so hot, so I am off to take a nap so that I can make it through work tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. The socks are beautiful!