Saturday, February 16, 2008

February = Basketball

In this house, and for my job, February = Basketball just as much as March does. This past week I have spent at least 17 hours just at basketball games, and that is pretty normal. It does sometimes make it harder to get to the computer, but I kept on knitting. I was so excited on Thursday, not because of Valentine's day, but because, I finished the first Charade sock!


It did however come with a few challenges! I was 6 rows from finishing the toe, when I had just over 12 inches of yarn left. Now, that is not enough to do 6 rows. At first I panicked, one because I was so close and did not have the other skein of yarn, and two, I did not want to have to buy more yarn for inevitably 12 rows of knitting. Once I started thinking clearly, I did the only thing I could think of ... I tried it on. It fit, was at the top of my toes, so I did my bind off, and that sock was done! And it even fit. I decided then that was one downfall of knitting a tight gauge, I use up more yarn because I have more rows. So now, one done and one to go.

In the meantime, I have been working on the rambler sock as well. I just love the colorway watching it change colors and rotate all at the same time is just facinating! Here, take a look for yourself!

Isn't it just beautiful!

Well, I also need to finish the pair of the Charade socks, so I cast on the second one. As you can see (It is the little band above the finished sock), I have a long way to go yet, but it is fun to watch something grow!

No comments: